(Find full job description here)
The Business Manager / Bookkeeper is responsible for the following:
- Maintain an efficient and up-to-date accounting system for disbursements, receipts, cash flow, payroll, and account reconciliations.
- Ensure that the Co-Executive Directors, Financial Committee, Management team, and funding sources are informed of the fiscal status of the organization by providing timely financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and responding to requests for information.
- Support the management and planning processes of the organization by assisting in the development of budgets, budget revisions, analyses, and budget alternatives.
- Provide program staff with interim reports, technical assistance and expenditure guidance as necessary or as requested.
- Maintain efficient personnel and payroll systems, including state and federal payroll tax filings.
- Periodically renew organization’s federal and state filings for tax exempt status.
- Ensure the corporate, legal and fiscal integrity of the organization by providing up-to-date insurance policies and by reviewing contracts, sub-contracts and leases, including preparation, payment and tracking.
- Coordinate and oversee all external financial/audit activity, providing all materials and information to the auditor annually.
- Attend Mary Lyon Foundation events to ensure that donations, raffle receipts, registration fees are received in a businesslike manner so that appropriate records and receipts are kept.
- Serve as liaison to key financial services and vendors such as banks and insurance companies. Make arrangements for these services.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Business Manager/Bookkeeper reports to the co-executive directors. The position requires the employee to work 5 – 7 hours a week. Must be well organized, a team player, possess good oral and written communication skills, and must be able to work independently.