The Campaign for
A Bold Initiative for a Brighter Future.
Since our inception in 1990, The Mary Lyon Foundation has become a lifeline for students, families, and educators in the nine communities of western Franklin County. The Foundation has already invested more than $3.2 million tackling:
- food scarcity
- inadequate medical, dental, and psychological services
- lack of transportation
- inadequate teaching resources and tools
- insufficient access to today’s technologies.
We have worked tirelessly to make sure our students have the best chance to learn, succeed, and thrive.
Calling Our Community to Action!
As we enter our fourth decade, we are calling on our community to join us as we launch an unprecedented $5 million campaign. The Campaign for Student Success is a bold invitation for all of us to invest in the most pressing needs facing our students, families, and educators. Working together, we will provide students and families with every opportunity to succeed!
Our Vision for the Future
The Campaign for Student Success will secure our vision that all students in western Franklin County can learn, succeed, and thrive. Through your generosity, we envision a future where:
All students will come to school ready to learn, succeed academically, socially, and emotionally, and thrive in the wider world.
All families will have access to services needed to foster a healthy and stable learning environment at home and in school.
All educators will have the tools and resources they need to give our students the very best education possible
Through our mission of “promoting student success by mobilizing community investment in services and programs that create positive educational outcomes,” we are determined to make our vision a reality. Now is the time to act.
Three Critical Goals
Guided by three critical goals, the Campaign for Student Success will help us expand our programs and services and secure the future of the Mary Lyon Foundation for years to come. Our Campaign goals include:
1. Guarantee the Foundation’s future by stabilizing our operating capacity.
2. Assure funding for Programs that provide students with additional before & after-school care or activities, summer camp, and “wrap-around” health and wellness services.
3. Help even more students and families by expanding existing services to alleviate extraordinary challenges, from hunger to poverty and lack of access to the internet and today’s technologies.
How we help
life changing support
“I am wanting to express my gratitude to Kristen and the Mary Lyon Foundation. I am incredibly grateful for the grocery program and the relief that it is currently providing. I couldn't believe that there were additional gift cards to buy Christmas gifts as well as some necessities. Thank you so much for the food and generosity! I am so grateful and look forward to the day when I’m able to give back to this foundation that has helped me through the most difficult time in my life. I will never forget the kindness.”
– A local mother who has benefitted from resources provided by the Mary Lyon Foundation
"Mary Lyon Foundation, I want to start by saying thank you from the bottom of my heart. This offer of a new laptop was so generous and much needed. You guys have always helped out MTRS students and I'm very thankful for not only what you've done for me, but for others too. My family was never going to be able to afford a laptop of such quality as this one you gave me. You were able to not only release my stress, but also the stress of my family. It'll be put to great use at Westfield.”
– Austin, a first-generation college student who received a new laptop for his studies from the Mary Lyon Foundation
“I wanted to send an email thanking you for all your help with the groceries. It has helped tremendously. I appreciate your foundation so much and think you guys are absolutely wonderful! I just wanted you to know personally how much it has helped me"
– A West County resident who has benefitted from Mary Lyon Foundation’s Food Assistance Program
“Thank you so much for your recent donation to the Sanderson Academy Library! Your generous contribution allowed me to add 61 new books to our collection, which will be enjoyed by students for years to come. Our district is very fortunate to have your support.”
– Robin Wilson, Library Manager, Sanderson Academy
Thank you to the Mary Lyon Foundation for purchasing the piano for our music room! I can assure you it has been well loved and appreciated this year! We have used it during general music, chorus, and instrumental lessons. It's played an integral part in our music lives! We are beyond grateful to the Mary Lyon Foundation for giving us this awesome piano.”
– Shelley Roberts, Music Teacher, Buckland-Shelburne Elementary School